Lifeguard NPLQ – Qualified
Responsible To: Managers/Supervisors
Lifeguards are team members trained in accident prevention, rescue and first aid. Individuals should be able to work as part of a team and communicate effectively.
Hours: Varying shift patterns are available including evenings and weekends.
Primary Objectives: To prevent any accidents through pro-active supervision and to maintain a disciplined, safe and relaxed, environment for visitors.
Splashdown Quaywest is now hiring for its 2019 season.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To identify emergencies quickly and take appropriate action
- To carry out rescues and other emergency action when necessary
- Give immediate first aid to any casualty
- Keep a close watch over the pools and its users to anticipate problems
- To supervise pool activity when required
- Communicate with both visitors and colleagues when performing these tasks
- Implement pool rules and safety operating procedures
- Educate visitors in water safety and our Splashcode through effective communication
Skills Required: Applicants MUST possess a valid National Pool Lifeguard qualification. To enrol on a NPLQ course candidates must also be at least 16 years of age and be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria: –
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50m in less than 60 seconds
- Swim continuously for 100m on both your front and back
- Tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without the use of ladders or steps
Training and Assessment: Team members will have to attend designated training sessions each month, and prove their competency in both the theory and practical sides of the NPLQ. As a lifeguard it’s your responsibility to keep your qualification valid and up to date.
Please Note: Good spoken and written English is a must.
Apply today – we look forward to welcoming you!