Responsible To: Front of House Manager
Receptionists are team members trained to operate our reception desks and café. Individuals should be outgoing, able to work as part of a team and communicate effectively.
Hours: Varying shift patterns are available including evenings and weekends.
Primary Objectives: Provide the first point of contact for visitors, whether it is one to one, over the telephone, or via email. Individuals should be friendly, welcoming and helpful to all at all times and be circumspect, orderly, non-discriminatory and non-ageist.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve both visitors entering our attraction and at the café
- Process payments by cash, cheque and credit card
- Make up floats and cash up at the end of a shift
- To answer and respond to enquires by telephone, email and mail.
- Process Troop Memberships
- Keep all front of house and café areas clean and tidy
- Stocking of leaflet dispensers
- Operate tills quickly and efficiently including voids, refunds and staff discounts
- Maintain cash security when making up floats and carrying our cash up procedures on both the till and card net machines
- Changing till and card net rolls
- Operate the tannoy system, radios and call signs
- Public address announcements in the event of an emergency
- Issuing and taking deposits for group locker keys
- Recording identification details for single adult entry
- Dealing with lost property including the recording of losses and finds
Skills Required: Individuals should be able to communicate effectively face to face and over the telephone, possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and a reasonable level of numeracy.
Please Note: Good spoken and written English is a must. The application for this role is remaining open, but your entry will be kept on file until our next recruitment drive.
Apply today – we look forward to welcoming you!